Our reputation has been built upon delivering the best for you – so we only fit blinds, curtains, shutters and awnings made from the highest quality materials.
At our three manufacturing centres in Nottingham and Washington, our expert team work with the latest technologies to fabulously finish made-to-measure blinds and curtains to the highest possible standards.
And in our testing studio, every new design goes through a rigorous development process that checks the materials are more than up to the demands of the average home.
These tests have been specifically designed with our products in mind, and include the following important trials:
- To test our fabric styles for fading, they are exposed to ultra-violet (UV) light for 120 hours – equivalent to five years’ worth of UV rays in the UK – with only the benchmark performing styles making it into your home.
- Selected designs are put through rigorous environmental testing procedures to ensure they keep their shape and form when subjected to the everyday highs and lows of normal household temperatures.
- Twist, tilt, raise and lower blind mechanisms are tested up to 5,000 times by our specialist equipment.
- Our colourfast test checks the resistance of the dyes used in our fabrics to running and fading – making sure that our materials will look new in your home for longer.
- We measure the tensile strength of our fabrics to make sure the Hillarys product in your home is strong enough to be there.
- Our blinds are also given an opportunity to hang – just as they would in your home – so that we can see how they work in their natural setting.